Why Choose a Marketing/Sales Certificate?
If you have a strong interest in building a career in developing business relationships, this certificate will provide you with the following:
- Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to solve customer-based problems
- The ability to provide consulting service to persons and/or organizations that seek, or might seek, the products and services you sell
You will be exposed to an exciting set of concepts that will serve you, not just in marketing/sales, but in any career field in which you become a manager or leader and must influence others.
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Unless it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, applicants need only show proof of a 2.35 high school GPA. An advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office.
You will receive the Marketing Sales Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the students major.
119 South Street, Business 212
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284