Polymer Materials Technology
Why Choose to Minor in Polymer Materials Technology?
The polymer materials technology minor is intended for non-Plastics/Rubber majors who are interested in the polymer industry. This minor is intended to complement existing degrees within FSU. Affording students a technical focus which could result in employment opportunities in the fourth largest industry in the United States.
- Understand and learn the terminology in the plastics and rubber industry.
- Know the most used materials and their significant properties and applications.
- Learn how to measure and evaluate polymer materials by their physical and mechanical properties.
- Know the major polymer suppliers associated with the industry.
- Know and understand the typical rubber and plastics fabrication techniques.
- Understand polymer materials selection as it related to materials and product design.
The minor is open to all students enrolled and pursuing a baccalaureate or higher degree in majors other than Plastic Engineering Technology or Rubber Engineering Technology.
Approval from the Plastics and Rubber department and satisfying prerequisites. Cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher.
- Chemistry 121 Science elective (5 credits) or equivalent (University Scientific Understanding)
- Math 116/115 or equivalent
An academic minor may only be awarded upon completion of a baccalaureate at Ferris State University.
A minimum of 50% of the total credits required must be earned at Ferris State University.
Only 6 credits can be shared with student’s major.
A minimum grade of C- is required for each course in certificate.
Cumulative GPA must be a 2.0 or higher.
National Elastomer Center
College of Engineering Technology
Ferris State University
Plastics and Rubber Department
Phone: (231) 591-2640