Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications
Why Choose an Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate?
Identified by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce as one of the fastest growing career fields, the Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate will build these skills for you:
- Understanding media and markets
- Learning how corporations communicate effectively
- Learning how to effectively manage integrated marketing communication
You will be exposed to the latest thinking regarding creating and writing ads and skillfully placing them for maximum success in influencing customers. You will also learn how to manage the relationships between advertising agencies and their clients.
Student with an advertising and integrated marketing background are in demand at companies and agencies that market using advertising, direct and digital marketing, sales promotion and public relations. Job titles include work in account services, media, research or creative.
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Unless it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, applicants need only show proof of a 2.35 high school GPA. An advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office.
You will receive the Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communication Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the students major.
119 South Street, BUS 212
Big Rapids MI 49307-2284