You are currently viewing an archived version of the Ferris catalog.
View the most current version.
Why Choose a Direct Marketing Certificate?
If you choose the direct marketing certificate, you will learn the concept and application of database-driven marketing methods including the following areas:
- Direct marketing as an overall business model and as an element of Integrated Marketing Communications
- Direct marketing planning, merchandising, promotion, fulfillment and customer service as executed in a wide range of integrated media
- Direct marketing creative strategy and execution
- Hands-on direct marketing techniques
You will learn about one of the fastest growing career fields in the nation and the world and will build your abilities for application in advertising agencies and companies in the business-to-consumer and business-to-business realms.
Students with a direct marketing background are in demand at advertising agencies, marketing agencies, and companies of all sizes. Entry-level job opportunities include positions in creative, media placement, direct and interactive marketing, project management, and account work.
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Unless it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, applicants need only show proof of a 2.35 high school GPA. An advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office.
You will receive the Direct Marketing Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the student's major.
119 South Street/BUS 212
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284