You are currently viewing an archived version of the Ferris catalog.
View the most current version.
Why Choose a Business-to-Business Marketing Certificate?
If you choose the business-to-business marketing certificate, you will be exposed to current theory and practice in the marketing of products and services from one business to another, including:
- Integration of the principles of general marketing and professional selling with proven business-to-business marketing methods
- Understanding and application of concepts related to industrial marketing, business-to-business advertising and digital marketing
- Demonstration of mastery of class concepts through real world projects with business-to-business clients
Business-to-Business marketers work in advertising, marketing and digital marketing positions for industrial companies of all sizes. They also work in dynamic fields such as office furniture, software, and technology. Ferris State University is unique in its emphasis on Business-to-Business Marketing – certificate holders will find that their skills are much in demand.
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Unless it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, applicants need only show proof of a 2.35 high school GPA. An advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office.
You will receive the Business-to-Business Marketing Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the student's major.
119 South Street/BUS 212
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284