You are currently viewing an archived version of the Ferris catalog.
View the most current version.
Official Program Checksheet
Why Choose a Certificate in Surveying?
The student completing this program should be able to:
- Perform basic differential leveling in the field
- Reduce differential leveling observations
- Recognize the concept of field data collection using conventioinal and modern electronic data collection instruments such as an electronic total station
- Recognize the concept of field data collection using global positioning system (GPS) instruments.
- Recognize the basic concept of how to prepare a topographic map from actual survey data
- Perform traverse computations and simple traverse adjustment
- Develop an appreciation for establishing horizontal and vertical control for a small to medium size surveying project
The objective of the certificate program in surveying is simply to give the program completers a general exposure to the surveying practice and the capacity for employment with a real surveying degree.
Any person who is admitted to the University is welcome to seek the attainment of this certificate. Student must be in good standing of a 2.0 or higher GPA.
A minimum of 50% of the total credits required must be earned at Ferris State University.
Only 6 credits can be shared with student’s major.
A minimum grade of C- is required for each course in certificate.
Cumulative GPA must be a 2.0 or higher.