Hotel/Restaurant and Food Industry Management
Why Choose the Hotel/Restaurant and Food Industry Management Minor?
The Hotel/Restaurant and Food Industry Management minor is designed to complement any major by preparing students with a fundamental knowledge of hotel and restaurant operations. Required courses provide an essential understanding of the food handling practices and cost control measures necessary to run a safe and profitable hospitality business. Additional electives allow students the opportunity to select courses that fit their particular career objectives and interests. Throughout their studies students will have the opportunity to earn nationally recognized certifications, such as ServSafe, AHLEI Convention Management and Service, AHLEI Front Office Management, AHLEI Resort Management, AHLEI Dining Service Management or TIPS as part of their required courses.
Any person who is admitted to a Ferris State University Bachelor's degree program is welcome to seek the attainment of this minor in addition to their major. Students wishing to add this minor must declare it with the Program Coordinator of the Hospitality Management Program.
- At least one-half of the credits must be Ferris State University credits.
- A maximum of 1/3 of the credits, but no more than 7 credits, may overlap with the student’s major.
- A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the courses in the minor must be at the 200 or above level.
- A 2.00 GPA is required for completion of the Minor.
- A term prior to completion of the Minor, the student will log into MyFSU, and complete the “Apply for Graduation”. You will receive an email back with the next steps to take. Once this is done the Graduation Secretary will notify the Registrar who will note the completion of the Minor.
NOTICE: Students who return to the university after an interrupted enrollment (not including summer semester) must normally meet the requirements of the curriculum, which are in effect at the time of their return, not the requirements which were in effect when they were originally admitted.
Hospitality Management Program
1319 Cramer Circle/WCO 106
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Phone: (231) 591-2382
Hotel/Restaurant and Food Industry Management Minor - 18 Credits
Select two courses from the following (6 credits required):
Select two courses from the following (6 credits required)