You are currently viewing an archived version of the Ferris catalog.
View the most current version.
Industrial Control Systems
Why Choose Industrial Control Systems Minor?
The Industrial Control Systems Minor provides essential concepts necessary for non-Electrical/Electronics students in industrial controls and automation systems technology. Topics such as programmable logic controllers, industrial communications and networking, transformers, motors, sensors, and fundamental electrical concepts are presented with emphasis on hands-on experience.
Students with this minor will gain experience to enhance their knowledge in the key aspects of controls and automation that are vital to careers in industry and technology.
The minor is open to all students enrolled and pursuing a baccalaureate or higher degree. Students must be in good standing with a cumulative of a 2.0 or higher in declared major. Students are expected to meet prerequisites for all courses.
An academic minor may only be awarded upon completion of a baccalaureate or higher at Ferris State University.
A student returning after an interrupted enrollment must meet the requirements in effect at the time of their return.
- maintain a 2.00 cumulative FSU GPA
- earn a minimum grade of C- for each course in the minor
- have a minimum of 18 semester credit hours
- have a maximum of 1/3 of the credits, but no more than 7 credits in a minor, may overlap the students major
- have a minimum of 50% (9 credits) of the courses in the minor at the 200 or above level
- have at least one-half (1/2) of the credits (9 credits) from Ferris (FSU Residency requirement)
EET & CNS Program Office
Ferris State University
915 Campus Drive/SWN 405
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2291