Business Administration, Nursing Concentration
Program Curriculum Checksheet
Why Choose the Master of Business Administration with Nursing Concentration?
An MBA provides a graduate with a comprehensive perspective on management and the business environment and tools and methods to approach and successfully solve complex business challenges in the global marketplace. The Ferris MBA combines a strong core curriculum focused on key business competencies with deeper learning in a specialty the student chooses.
While MBA courses cannot replace the value of work experience, courses designed specifically with a focus on a management perspective-- managerial accounting, managerial finance, strategic management-- provide students with experience in problem solving, interpretation, case analysis, and policy development in many different business contexts. This structured learning ensures that students can apply these lessons in their work environment, maximizing the effect of education and experience.
MBA students who hold a RN license may select their specialization from the Master of Nursing (MSN) curriculum.
Invest in your Future
The MBA with a Concentration in Nursing is designed for Registered Nurses interested in acquiring the management tools and skills needed to be successful in the world's leading Health Care organizations.
The Nursing concentration allows MBA students who hold a RN license to select their 12-credit concentration from the Master of Nursing curriculum at Ferris State University's College of Health Professions. Suggested MSN courses would be Advanced Nursing Roles, Health Care Systems Policy and Advocacy, Critique of Evidence for Practice, Quality Improvement and Safety, and Nursing Research Methods and Analysis.
Admission to a graduate program is granted to students showing high promise of success. The College of Business uses various measures of high promise including the candidate’s performance on the graduate admission test and upper-division grade-point average. Such measures, along with other reasonable indications of promise, will be used in combination to arrive at a final judgment.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application (Free on-line application can be completed at ferris.edu/admissions/application).
- Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a Bachelor degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resume
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining your reasons for seeking admission into the program you have selected. Your Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our programs and are familiar with and prepared for on-line or mixed-delivery, accelerated courses. You should also explain what certificate or concentration you intend to pursue, what factors have influenced your decision to apply, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
- Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
- Official GMAT score of 500 or higher, OR GRE score in the upper 50% with a 2.5 or higher on the analytical writing portion. (Waiver of test requirement will be permitted if applicant has completed a previous Master’s or Professional Degree, or will be considered if the applicant has earned a Bachelor degree with a 3.5 or better GPA).
- Competencies in Statistics, Accounting and Finance, and Marketing as evidenced by a C or better grade in relevant coursework or 80% or better score on IvySoftware competency exams. These exams are available at no cost to MBA applicants.
Application Due Dates
- February 15 – for starting summer semester in May
- June 15 – for starting fall semester in August
- October 15 – for starting winter semester in January
Applications may be accepted past deadlines if no international mailing or application for Visa is required.
The MBA is awarded to those individuals who have completed the 48 credit hours required. No grade below a C will be counted toward a College of Business graduate degree or certificate. No more than two C grades will apply to degree. An overall GPA of 3.0 or better is required to earn the MBA degree. An overall GPA of 3.0 or better must be maintained to avoid dismissal from the MBA program. Degree must be completed within five years from first semester of enrollment. Students must complete an application to graduate before their degree will appear on transcripts and a diploma is issued.