Why Choose Criminal Justice?
All students must complete the associate degree in Criminal Justice and will receive an Associate in Arts degree. After students have completed the associate degree requirements, they will apply to the criminal justice B.S. degree program and choose from either the law enforcement concentration, corrections concentration or criminal justice generalist concentration. Admission into the B.S. degree program is granted on a competitive basis, as space permits.
Students must possess a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) from high school and a 17 ACT or 900 SAT score. Students transferring from another college must have a 2.0 GPA. Ferris students wishing to make a curriculum change into the College of Education and Human Services must have a 2.0 GPA.
General Education Requirements
All University General Education requirements for an Associate’s degree is here
Please consult this link for a complete listing of General Education Electives.
Consult the Required Course above or program advisor for program specific General Education requirements.
In order to graduate from the College of Education and Human Services, the following requirements must be met. Some curriculums may have additional requirements.
- Complete a specified minimum number of semester hours in required and elective courses as approved by the faculty.
- Attain a 2.0 GPA or above in all work taken while registered at Ferris (consult program descriptions for specific program GPA requirements).
- Complete all general education requirements as outlined on the "General Education" website and have an ACT math subscore of 24, or complete MATH 115, or pass the proficiency exam.
- Satisfy the University's residency requirements.
- Formally apply for graduation with the appropriate administrator.
Ferris State University
School of Criminal Justice
1349 Cramer Circle
Bishop Hall 509
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2737
Phone: 231-591-3652 or 231-591-5080
ADA compliant checksheets are being developed for the 2019-2020 Catalog. If you would like to request an ADA compliant checksheet before the 19-20 catalog is published, please send your request to: FSUCurriculum@ferris.edu