Why Choose a Direct Marketing Certificate?
If you choose the direct marketing certificate, you will learn the concept and application of database-driven marketing methods including the following areas:
- Direct marketing as an overall business model and as an element of Integrated Marketing Communications
- Direct marketing planning, merchandising, promotion, fulfillment and customer service as executed in a wide range of integrated media
- Direct marketing creative strategy and execution
- Hands-on direct marketing techniques
You will learn about one of the fastest growing career fields in the nation and the world and will build your abilities for application in advertising agencies and companies in the business-to-consumer and business-to-business realms.
Students with a direct marketing background are in demand at advertising agencies, marketing agencies, and companies of all sizes. Entry-level job opportunities include positions in creative, media placement, direct and interactive marketing, project management, and account work.
- Applicant should show proof of high school graduation with a 2.35 GPA. If it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office/SAA that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, all college transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once admitted, an advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Dual enrolled/concurrent students must complete their high school degree (provide transcript) before the certificate will be granted from FSU.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office/SAA.
You will receive the Direct Marketing Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the student's major.
119 South Street/BUS 212
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284
ADA compliant checksheets are being developed for the 2019-2020 Catalog. If you would like to request an ADA compliant checksheet before the 19-20 catalog is published, please send your request to: FSUCurriculum@ferris.edu