Why Choose Spa Management Certificate
The Spa Management certificate is designed to prepare individuals with the knowledge and skills required for successful employment in the spa industry at a supervisory or management level. Emphasis is placed on retail merchandising, exceeding guest expectations, spa operations and the role of management.
Spa Management leads to career opportunities such as: spa director, spa management, product & sales management, and front desk concierge manager within hotels, resorts, wellness centers and more.
The spa services industry in the US includes about 20,000 facilities with combined annual revenue of about $15 billion, according to the International SPA Association.
Undergraduate Certificate Admission Requirements
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major. The certificate will be granted upon completion with an average GPA of 2.0 or higher in the courses designated for the certificate.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Applicant should show proof of high school graduation with a 2.35 GPA. If it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office/SAA that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, all college transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once admitted, an advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Dual enrolled/concurrent students must complete the high school degree (provide transcript) before the certificate will be granted from FSU.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office/SAA.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office/SAA.
- No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution.
- If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major.
- A 2.00 cumulative GPA is required for completion of the Certificate.
- A term prior to completion of the Certificate, the student will log into MyFSU, and complete the “Apply for Graduation”. You will receive an email back with the next steps to take. Once this is done, the Graduation Secretary will notify the Registrar who will note the completion of the Certificate.
NOTICE: Students who return to the university after an interrupted enrollment (not including summer semester) must normally meet the requirements of the curriculum, which are in effect at the time of their return, not the requirements which were in effect when they were originally admitted.
Hospitality Management Program
1319 Cramer Circle/WCO 106
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Phone (231) 591-2382
ADA compliant checksheets are being developed for the 2019-2020 Catalog. If you would like to request an ADA compliant checksheet before the 19-20 catalog is published, please send your request to: FSUCurriculum@ferris.edu