Business Administration, Nursing Concentration
Why Choose the Master of Business Administration with Nursing Concentration?
An MBA provides a graduate with a comprehensive perspective on management and the business environment and tools and methods to approach and successfully solve complex business challenges in the global marketplace. The Ferris MBA combines a strong core curriculum focused on key business competencies with deeper learning in a specialty the student chooses.
While MBA courses cannot replace the value of work experience, courses designed specifically with a focus on a management perspective-- managerial accounting, managerial finance, strategic management-- provide students with experience in problem solving, interpretation, case analysis, and policy development in many different business contexts. This structured learning ensures that students can apply these lessons in their work environment, maximizing the effect of education and experience.
MBA students who hold a RN license may select their specialization from the Master of Nursing (MSN) curriculum.
Invest in your Future
The MBA with a Concentration in Nursing is designed for Registered Nurses interested in acquiring the management tools and skills needed to be successful in the world's leading Health Care organizations.
The Nursing concentration allows MBA students who hold a RN license to select their 9-credit concentration from the Master of Nursing curriculum at Ferris State University's College of Health Professions. Suggested MSN courses would be Advanced Nursing Roles, Health Care Systems Policy and Advocacy, Critique of Evidence for Practice, Quality Improvement and Safety, and Nursing Research Methods and Analysis.
Admission to a graduate program is granted to students showing high promise of success. The College of Business uses various measures of high promise including the candidate’s performance on the graduate admission test and upper-division grade-point average. Such measures, along with other reasonable indications of promise, will be used in combination to arrive at a final judgment.
To be considered for admission to the MBA Program, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Completed application (Free online application can be completed at ferris.edu/admissions/application).
- Official course transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate colleges and universities previously attended, which include confirmation of a Bachelor degree or higher degree from a regionally accredited university with an overall Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- A current resume
- A Statement of Purpose, approximately one page typed, explaining reasons for seeking admission into the MBA program. Statement of Purpose should show that you have taken steps to learn about our program and are familiar with and prepared for online or mixed-delivery courses. You should also explain what factors have influenced your decision to pursue an MBA, and how this degree will help you achieve your short-term and long-term career goals.
- Three academic or professional recommendation letters attesting to your ability to succeed in graduate level studies.
- GMAT or GRE test scores. A formulated composite score of GPA and GMAT or GRE test scores will be used along with other required documents to arrive at an admission decision. (Written Requests for Waiver of GMAT/GRE test requirement will be considered if applicant has completed a previous Master’s or terminal degree, or has significant leadership experience).
- Applicants who have not earned a “C” grade or better in Accounting, Economics, Marketing, and Statistics within the last five years must pass the approved foundational test(s) with a score of 80% or better prior to enrollment in some MBA courses.
Additional Requirements for International Students
- Copy of identification page(s) of your passport.
- Confidential Financial Statement signed by you or your sponsor.
- Original official bank statement from you or your sponsor representing funds for at least one academic year.
- Proof of English proficiency (provide one of the following)
– TOEFL score of 70 on Internet based test with no score in the low, weak, or limited range, and a writing sub score of 22 or higher
– IELTS score of 6.5 with writing sub score of 6.0 or higher
Application Due Dates
- February 15 – for starting summer semester in May
- June 15 – for starting fall semester in August
- October 15 – for starting winter semester in January
The application alone is not sufficient to meet required deadlines.
When all required materials are received, the application file will be considered complete. The MBA Application Review Committee will review only complete application files and notify applicants by email of the admissions decision.
- No grade below a C will be counted toward completion of a College of Business graduate degree or certificate.
- No more than two C grades will be counted toward completion of a College of Business graduate degree or certificate.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better is required to earn a College of Business graduate degree or certificate.
- An overall GPA of 3.0 or better must be maintained to avoid dismissal from a College of Business graduate degree or certificate.
- Degree must be completed within five years from the first semester of enrollment.
- No more than 30% of the credits in a College of Business graduate degree may be transferred from another institution.
- Students must “Apply to Graduate” to be awarded a degree. Application can be accessed in MyFSU under Student Records.
- Requirements for Graduate Honors are: 3.75 to 3.89 overall GPA for Distinction, 3.90 to 4.0 overall GPA for Highest Distinction.
ADA compliant checksheets are being developed for the 2019-2020 Catalog. If you would like to request an ADA compliant checksheet before the 19-20 catalog is published, please send your request to: FSUCurriculum@ferris.edu