Business, Management, Marketing, and Technology Education
Why Choose Business, Management, Marketing, and Technical Education?
The Business, Management, Marketing, and Technology (BMMT) program prepares students to teach subjects at the secondary and vocational level. The BMMT teacher:
- Recognizes/recalls the existence of different aspects of business, management, marketing, and technology and related teaching strategies.
- Articulates knowledge about business, management, marketing, and technology and related instructional and assessment strategies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the knowledge at a fundamental level of competence acceptable for teaching.
- Applies broad, in-depth knowledge of the different aspects of business, management, marketing, and technology in a variety of settings.
- Offers a balanced educational background including business professional education and general education courses, field and directed teaching experiences.
The Business, Management, Marketing and Technology education program prepares students to teach business subjects at the secondary and vocational level, as well as the multifaceted world of government, business, and industry. Business education students select a major in general business or marketing and a teaching minor is required. You cannot have a general business teaching minor with this teaching major.
Students seeking admission to teacher education programs must have 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) or an ACT composite score of 17 or 900 SAT. Students transferring into the program with completed majors or minors must have the appropriate GPA as established by each department.
Teacher Certification Requirements
As required by the State of Michigan to receive teacher certification, all teacher candidates must: (1) meet the MDE (CAEP) cohort requirement, (2) pass the pedagogy tests in their subject area majors, and (3) have a 2.75 minimum GPA to receive teacher certification in Michigan. These state requirements are in addition to the FSU graduation requirements of your individual program.
General Education Requirements
All University General Education requirements for a Bachelor’s degree is here
Please consult this link for a complete listing of General Education Electives.
Consult the Required Courses above or the program advisor for program specific General Education requirements.
The business education program leads to a Bachelor of Science degree through the School of Education, College of Education & Human Services. Graduates must complete all of FSU's general education, business, and education requirements. Professional education requirements include a semester of directed student teaching. Consult individual program description for other graduation requirements.
A 2.75 GPA is required for satisfactory completion of the general business major.
College of Education & Human Services
School of Education
Bishop Hall Room 421
Ferris State University
1349 Cramer Circle
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2737
Telephone: (231) 591-5361
ADA compliant checksheets are being developed for the 2019-2020 Catalog. If you would like to request an ADA compliant checksheet before the 19-20 catalog is published, please send your request to: FSUCurriculum@ferris.edu