Why Choose the Computer Networking Minor?
If you are a business, health, science or math major, the CNS minor may help expand your career opportunities. With the mix of these courses, you will understand the fundamentals of computer networking along with implementing these networks. Because of the wide spread use of networks in many careers, your major course of study coupled with this minor will open doors in a broad range of industries.
Any student admitted to Ferris enrolled in a Bachelor degree (other than Computer Networking and Systems) and in good standing may enroll in this minor.
An academic minor may only be awarded upon completion of a baccalaureate or higher at Ferris State University.
- maintain a 2.00 cumulative FSU GPA
- earn a minimum grade of C- for each course in the minor
- have a minimum of 18 semester credit hours
- have a maximum of 1/3 of the credits, but no more than 7 credits in a minor, may overlap the students major
- have a minimum of 50% (9 credits) of the courses in the minor at the 200 or above level
- have at least one-half (1/2) of the credits (9 credits) from Ferris (FSU Residency requirement)
EET & CNS Program Office
915 Campus Drive/SWN 405
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2291
College of Engineering Technology
Ferris State University
1009 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2280