Why Choose a Club Management Minor?
The Club Management minor provides students with a background knowledge in the world of private and semi-private clubs such as yacht, city, athletic, tennis, and country clubs. Students learn about the unique nature of private clubs including things such as membership categories, board structure, dues, assessments, minimums, rules, and by-laws. Other topics such as event planning, facilities management, leisure activities, food & beverage operations, and financial management are covered as well. Throughout their studies in this minor, students will have the opportunity to earn nationally recognized certifications such as AHLEI Contemporary Club Management and TIPS, as part of their required courses. Additionally, students are required to complete at least one 400 hour internship for which they are paid. See the Club Managers Association of America for examples of internships.
Any person who is admitted to a Ferris State University Bachelor's degree program is welcome to seek the attainment of this minor in addition to their major. Students wishing to add this minor must declare it with the Program Coordinator of the Hospitality Management Program.
- At least one-half of the credits must be Ferris State University credits.
- A maximum of 1/3 of the credits, but no more than 7 credits, may overlap with the student’s major.
- A minimum of fifty percent (50%) of the courses in the minor must be at the 200 or above level.
- A 2.00 GPA is required for completion of the Minor.
- A term prior to completion of the Minor, the student will log into MyFSU, and complete the “Apply for Graduation”. You will receive an email back with the next steps to take. Once this is done the Graduation Secretary will notify the Registrar who will note the completion of the Minor.
NOTICE: Students who return to the university after an interrupted enrollment (not including summer semester) must normally meet the requirements of the curriculum, which are in effect at the time of their return, not the requirements which were in effect when they were originally admitted.
Hospitality Management Program
West Commons 106
1319 Cramer Circle
Big Rapids, MI 49307
ADA compliant checksheets are being developed for the 2019-2020 Catalog. If you would like to request an ADA compliant checksheet before the 19-20 catalog is published, please send your request to: FSUCurriculum@ferris.edu