Why Choose to Minor in Polymer Materials Technology?
The polymer materials technology minor is intended for non-Plastics/Rubber majors who are interested in the polymer industry. This minor is intended to complement existing degrees within FSU. Affording students a technical focus which could result in employment opportunities in the fourth largest industry in the United States.
- Understand and learn the terminology in the plastics and rubber industry.
- Know the most used materials and their significant properties and applications.
- Learn how to measure and evaluate polymer materials by their physical and mechanical properties.
- Know the major polymer suppliers associated with the industry.
- Know and understand the typical rubber and plastics fabrication techniques.
- Understand polymer materials selection as it related to materials and product design.
Approval from the Plastics and Rubber department and satisfying prerequisites.
- Chemistry 121 Science elective (5 credits) or equivalent (University Scientific Understanding)
- Math 116/115 or equivalent
An academic minor may only be awarded upon completion of a baccalaureate at Ferris State University.
A 2.0 GPA must be maintained for this minor to be granted.
National Elastomer Center
College of Engineering Technology
Ferris State University
Plastics and Rubber Department
Phone: (231) 591-2640