You are currently viewing an archived version of the Ferris catalog.
View the most current version.
Why Choose Retailing?
If you are interested in a dynamic, fast-moving career with potential for early responsibility and advancement, a retailing certificate will provide you with a route to success by providing you with skills in the following:
- Merchandise buying for profitability
- Inventory management
- Understanding buyer behavior in order to meet customer needs
You will be exposed to a powerful set of concepts that will serve you, not just in a retailing career pathway, but in any business field you choose that requires serving customers and successfully meeting corporate goals.
By itself the Retail Certificate provides students with the industry-specific skills to support careers in merchandising, store operations, or independent shop ownership. Taken as part of a four-year degree program, students with this certificate also qualify for executive training, buyer or management development programs with major retail chains.
- Applicant should show proof of high school graduation with a 2.35 GPA. If it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office/SAA that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, all college transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once admitted, an advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Dual enrolled/concurrent students must complete their high school degree (provide transcript) before the certificate will be granted from FSU.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office/SAA.
You will receive the Retailing Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point average.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the students major.
119 South Street, Business 212
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284
email: [email protected]