Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications
Why Choose an Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate?
Identified by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce as one of the fastest growing career fields, the Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate will build these skills for you:
- Understanding media and markets
- Learning how corporations communicate effectively
- Learning how to effectively manage integrated marketing communications
You will be exposed to the latest thinking regarding creating and writing ads and skillfully placing them for maximum success in influencing customers. You will also learn how to manage the relationships between advertising agencies and their clients.
Students with an advertising and integrated marketing background are in demand at companies and agencies that market using advertising, direct and digital marketing, sales promotion and public relations. Job titles include work in account services, media, research or creative.
- Applicant should show proof of high school graduation with a 2.35 GPA. If it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office/SAA that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, all college transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once admitted, an advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Dual enrolled/concurrent students must complete their high school degree (provide transcript) before the certificate will be granted from FSU.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office/SAA.
You will receive the Advertising/Integrated Marketing Communications Certificate after completion of the requirements with a minimum 2.0 grade point.
No more than 50% of the credits in this certificate may be transferred from another institution, nor will the certificate be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are specifically required in the students major.
119 South Street, BUS 212
Big Rapids MI 49307-2284
E-Mail: [email protected]