You are currently viewing an archived version of the Ferris catalog.
View the most current version.
Why Choose the Automotive Management Minor?
This minor is designed to provide students with a solid overview of the business and cultural side of the transportation industry. Students are prepared to transition into sales, marketing, distribution, and customer relations positions with vehicle and equipment manufacturers, suppliers, dealers, and aftermarket companies.
Ferris has been providing the automotive industry with entry-level managers since 1971, and is well known and respected for providing individuals with these skills.
The minor is open to all students enrolled and pursuing a baccalaureate or higher degree in majors other than Automotive Management. Students are expected to meet prerequisites for all courses.
Students are also required to meet with their Automotive Management faculty advisor to plan and track their progress throughout the minor degree.
An academic minor may only be awarded upon completion of a baccalaureate or higher at Ferris State University.
- maintain a 2.00 cumulative FSU GPA
- earn a minimum grade of C- for each course in the minor
- have a minimum of 18 semester credit hours
- have a maximum of 1/3 of the credits, but no more than 7 credits in a minor, may overlap the students major
- have a minimum of 50% (9 credits) of the courses in the minor at the 200 or above level
- have at least one-half (1/2) of the credits (9 credits) from Ferris (FSU Residency requirement)
Automotive Management Program
708 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2281
College of Engineering Technology
Ferris State University
1009 Campus Drive
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2280