Business Education - Marketing
- General Education Courses, Major Courses, and Secondary Education Minor Courses
- Admission and Transfer Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
Why Choose Business Education - Marketing?
We are no longer admitting students to this progarm as it has been discontinued by the MDE.
Rapid technological advances have generated growing demand for marketing education teachers. Graduates can expect excellent career opportunities in secondary and vocational education as well as in the multifaceted world of government, business and industry.
The Marketing Education program offers a balanced educational background including business professional education and general education courses combined with field and directed teaching experiences.
The Marketing Education program prepares students to teach marketing subjects at the secondary level. The Marketing Education teacher:
- Recognizes/recalls the existence of different aspects of marketing in a variety of settings.
- Applies broad, in-depth knowledge of the different aspects of marketing and related instructional and assessment strategies.
- Articulates knowledge about marketing and related instructional and assessment strategies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the knowledge at a fundamental level of competence acceptable for teaching.
Teacher Certification Requirements
A Marketing Education endorsement (GM) prepares a teacher to teach marketing education at the secondary level in courses aligned with the Michigan Career Pathways. Candidates completing the academic requirements of the Marketing Education program may be recommended for the certificate endorsement after passing the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification marketing education test.
As required by the State of Michigan to receive teacher certification, all teacher candidates must: (1) pass the Michigan Basic Skills Exam, (2) pass the pedagogy tests in their subject area majors and minors, and (3) have a 2.50 minimum GPA to receive teacher certification in Michigan. These state requirements are in addition to the FSU graduation requirements of your individual program.
School of Education
Bishop Hall Room 421
Ferris State University
1349 Cramer Circle
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2737
Telephone: (231) 591-5361