Business, Management, Marketing, and Technology Education
- General Education Courses, Major Courses and Secondary Education Minor Courses
- Admission and Transfer Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
Why Choose Business, Management, Marketing, and Technical Education?
The Business, Management, Marketing, and Technology (BMMT) program prepares students to teach subjects at the secondary and vocational level. The BMMT teacher:
- Recognizes/recalls the existence of different aspects of business, management, marketing, and technology and related teaching strategies.
- Articulates knowledge about business, management, marketing, and technology and related instructional and assessment strategies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in using the knowledge at a fundamental level of competence acceptable for teaching.
- Applies broad, in-depth knowledge of the different aspects of business, management, marketing, and technology in a variety of settings.
- Offers a balanced educational background including business professional education and general education courses, field and directed teaching experiences.
The Business, Management, Marketing and Technology education program prepares students to teach business subjects at the secondary and vocational level, as well as the multifaceted world of government, business, and industry.
Teacher Certification Requirements
As required by the State of Michigan to receive teacher certification, all teacher candidates must: (1) meet the MDE (CAEP) cohort requirement, (2) pass the pedagogy tests in their subject area majors, (3) must have 4000 hours of documented work experience in the field, and (4) have a 2.75 minimum GPA to receive teacher certification in Michigan. These state requirements are in addition to the FSU graduation requirements of your individual program.
School of Education
Bishop Hall Room 421
Ferris State University
1349 Cramer Circle
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2737
Telephone: (231) 591-5361