Ski Resort Management
- Certificate Courses
- Admission Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
Why Choose Ski Resort Management Certificate
The Ski Resort Management certificate is designed to prepare students with the prerequisite technical skills and knowledge necessary for successful employment in entry-level management positions within the ski industry. Emphasis is placed on understanding the functions of lift operations, snowmaking, trail grooming, equipment rental, and repair facilities. Additional coursework focuses on providing high levels of guest service, managing retail operations, and risk management.
Ski resorts are large operations and require a large workforce. The certificate in Ski Resort Management can lead to opportunities such as:
- Ski Operations Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- Lift Operations Supervisor
Undergraduate Certificate Programs' Admission Criteria
Any person admitted to a Ferris State University degree program may enroll in courses for undergraduate COB certificates. No more than 50% of the credits in a certificate may be transferred from another institution. If a student is in a FSU degree-seeking program, the certificate will not be granted if more than 50% of the certificate credits are required in the program/major. The certificate will be granted upon completion with an average GPA of 2.0 or higher in the courses designated for the certificate.
Individuals wanting to advance their career, but not admitted to an FSU degree program, may also earn undergraduate COB certificates.
Admission process for individuals seeking only a certificate:
- Applicant should show proof of high school graduation with a 2.35 GPA. If it is determined by the COB Dean’s Office/SAA that regular program admission criteria should be met in order to complete the certificate successfully and be a contributing member of the course, all college transcripts should be submitted to the Admissions Office. Once admitted, an advisor will be assigned by the College of Business in the certificate program.
- Dual enrolled/concurrent students must complete the high school degree (provide transcript) before the certificate will be granted from FSU.
- Students wishing to pursue a bachelor or associate’s degree must meet the admission criteria for the program. This criteria review is initiated when the “Program Change Form” request is processed through the COB Dean’s Office/SAA.
Any mitigating circumstances will be considered on an individual basis by the College of Business Dean’s Office/SAA.
Hospitality Management Program
West Commons 106
1319 Cramer Circle
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Email: [email protected]