- Minor Courses
- Admission and Transfer Requirements
- Graduation Requirements
Why Choose a Digital Marketing Minor?
If you have a strong interest in Internet-based marketing activity and want to be able to hit the ground running in both Web marketing and Web design, the Digital Marketing Minor may be ideal for you. You will learn both the theory and practice of Digital Marketing, and the Digital Marketing Minor will enhance your skills in:
- Multi-channel marketing
- Integrating online and offline marketing with profitable results
- Selling online, and saving money and time for your company and your customers
- Managing databases in a digital world
- Mastering best practices in business-to-consumer digital marketing, business-to-business digital marketing, and direct marketing
- Creation and execution of Internet marketing/advertising and social media plans and campaigns including the basics of Web site design and implementation
You will be provided with the latest cutting edge Internet-based marketing skills that will help you, not only in Digital Marketing but also in careers such as direct marketing, advertising, and professional selling.
This minor is structured to complement the knowledge and career-readiness of students earning advertising/IMC, marketing, computer information systems, communications, and public relations degrees.
Digital Marketing is a field that is growing at astonishing speed, and it offers a great number and variety of specialized career opportunities. It encompasses all the facets of online marketing, including digital marketing sales, social media, online advertising, business-to-business digital marketing, web design, and more. You will find yourself in a very competitive, challenging and rewarding career in this field such as search engine marketer, digital marketing marketer, online advertising manager, social media manager, online media planner or buyer, salesperson or marketing/advertising manager with digital marketing responsibilities. Your career ladder will often lead to high-paying senior management, executive and/or leadership positions.
119 South Street, BUS 212
Big Rapids, MI 49307-2284
E-mail: [email protected]